We have developed a video game RPG, The Lady of the Lake. The game is inspired by the King Arthur stories. You start the game as Vivian, the Lady of the Lake. It is a JRPG-style video game with similarities to Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, and Octopath Traveler. The game is complete*.
*Version 0.8. It is a complete rough draft. It has been extensively playtested, but some updates are likely needed.
A free demo of the game can be found here.
- This video game mainly stars “older” people after a timelapse. The main character becomes an older woman, which is very rare for games like this.
- There are different story-based scenarios that can happen depending on what you do when playing the game. One of them is based on getting a “boss monster” to join your team.
- The battle system is similar to Octopath Traveller the way the way a character can have an action as soon as it’s their turn, you can see the turn order for the current and next turn, there are ways to manipulate turn order, and you can use BP to power up skills.
- There are several monsters that can become allies, especially early in the game. The monster you choose first will usually determine what other monsters will join later on: A rat, bat, goblin, imp, or wind spirit.
- There is a new game plus option. After you beat the game, you can save it. If you choose to continue a game and use a saved game that was already completed, you start a new game in new game plus mode. That changes how the game proceeds a bit, and you get to choose your starting team. There are no monsters that will join in new game plus mode.
OS: Windows R 7/8/8.1/10 (32bit/64bit)
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or better
Memory: 900 MB or more
Graphics: DirectX 9/OpenGL 4.1 capable GPU
Storage: Installation needs over 2GB
Additional Notes: 1280×768 or better